Friday, May 14, 2010

Inspiration Board #1



Magnolia Tree

Last month, walking around my neighbourhood there were quite a few cherry trees and magnolia trees (plus several other bushes and trees with flowers on them that I don't know the names of) all fully in bloom.

This is the best part of spring before the flower petals fall off and the green leaves replace them. I have this things for trees with flowers on them, maybe because the house I grew up in had several of them in our backyard.

Manzanita branches have been very popular in the wedding industry for a little while now, but I personally hate bare branches because it reminds me of winter. There are so many beautiful flowered trees, like magnolia trees, which is where I derived my inspiration.

The focal colours are Carnation Pink and Cloud White, and they are accented with Grass Green and Bark Brown so that its not overwhelmingly feminine and a touch of Chrome for glamour. A natural spring palette has so much to offer, why not take advantage?

No comments:

Post a Comment